Bamboo Protector & Fence Paint
BAMBOO PROTECTOR & REJUVENATER
Bamboo Protector & Rejuvenater has been developed by Crystal Paints just for treating bamboo products.Bamboo Protector & Rejuvenater will help protect the bamboo and assist in retaining the natural colour of the bamboo by replacing the natural oils lost through weathering.
APPLICTION OF BAMBOO PROTECTOR & REJUVENATER
Remove all dirt, dust, loose particles and any oil off the bamboo surface. We recommend using Crystal Bamboo Cleaner as this product will not harm the bamboo, grass or plants near the bamboo.
When the bamboo surface is dry you can apply a thin coat of the Bamboo Protector & Rejuvenater by brushing or spraying a thin coat onto the surface.
DO NOT APPLY IF TEMPERATURE IS LESS THAN 12 DEGREES C.
BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY DIFFERENT KINDS OF BAMBOO WE RECOMEND YOU ALWAYS TRY A SMALL TEST PATCH FIRST TO GAUGE COMPATABILITY AND DRYNESS OF SURFACE.
Now the rate of absorption can vary greatly depending on the age and how much weathering the bamboo has had. So we suggest leaving the Bamboo Protector & Rejuvenater for at least 24 hours after the first coat allowing the Bamboo Protector & Rejuvenater to completely penetrate in.
The bamboo may need an additional coat but before you proceed just try a small test patch first to check if the surface will absorb another coat. If after trying a test patch the Bamboo Protector & Rejuvenater is still tacky DO NOT apply another coat as the bamboo is not ready to be recoated.
HOW MUCH WILL YOU NEED—1 Litre OF Bamboo Protector and Rejuvenator should cover 8 – 16 Square metres. Now this is going to vary depending on the dryness of your bamboo, the speices of bamboo and the age of the bamboo.
- Bamboo Cleaner has been designed and developed by Crystal Paints in Queensland Australia especially for bamboo.
- Bamboo Cleaner has been formulated to be a powerful easy to use surface wash for Bamboo and is not harmful to the environment and can be used on most surfaces.
- We recommend using Bamboo Cleaner before applying the Bamboo Protector & Rejuvenater.
- Bamboo Cleaner will remove fungi and mould growths along with other dirt that builds up on the surface.
- Applying Bamboo Wash is as simple as diluting 1 part Bamboo Wash to 4 parts water and spraying, wiping, or brushing onto the surface.
- You can use a higher concentrate for quicker action or extra dirty surfaces.
- Allow to dry. (for best results up to 24 hours) then rinsing off with water leaving the surface sterilized from most contaminates (high pressure rinse for best results)
- This process can be repeated as many times as you like without harming the surface of the bamboo or the environment around it.
- Bamboo fencing will continue to look as good as the day you first installed it, enriching the bamboo and protecting it from the elements.